4/14/11

Air Traffic Controllers

I lived most of my life within newspaper, radio and television coverage of over a 1/2 dozen airports.
I cannot remember a single problem with controllers until Ronald Reagan became president!
Now, almost every day something is in the paper, radio and T.V. about traffic control towers, why?
Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization
I believe that prior to the August 1981 strike the unions made sure that control towers were manned by qualified people and that there was always enough of these people to do the job correctly, now as with so many other business since that time, the company's hire and fire as they please so, as with the airports towers, they are under staffed!
When it comes to my flying anywhere at any time, I want prefect coverage in all towers at all times!

No comments:

Post a Comment