9/17/19

Eastern Woodland Native American Name


Sachem or Shechaim or Sagamore?
So which is the correct name?

Well I guess it all depends on which tribe 
or 
(today’s nation), 
you ask.

Up until a few years ago
I could care less about the name 
what's in a name?

I changed my mind 
after finding out what non knowing citizens out of our area 
said their understanding of the word.

If you, 
as one of my followers 
also think, 
Sack-Um for Sachem
you now know why I went back to my ancestors original word, 
Shechaim.
Shechaim sounds like( She-Chaim) Sachem sounds like (Sack-Um).
I have also noticed recently that some tribes from Canada, now in this country, use the name Sagamore.

Sagamore is a correct name just not in our area, just like Chief is a correct name west of the Mississippi, the same name is (chief) to our people.



(chief is the lowest offices in the navy 
or 
a leader of 
a Plains Indian tribe).


It is also a worker in a traditional tribe 
from the east coast of
 (Native American/Indian country).
While this is true,
this is very important to remember,
once that job was finished the person
(Sagamore),
is no longer that chief,
people over look this truth from the ancestors!


To our people,
 the Head Clan Mother 
assigns the work and who will lead that job
 
(Sagamore),

 after the job is finished

that leader (Sagamore),

goes back to being

 a normal

member of the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment