2/19/11

A Sacred Pipe Ceremony.




After a very intense gathering ceremony two of my Clan Mothers asked me to explain more about the pipe ceremony.
Usually one would not do so in public however, after many questions as to why people are now doing so through-out the internet I decided to write this from my heart.
Writing this information to please two of my elders
While reading the following please remember this, We, the children of the Creator can bless NOTHING, the best that we can do is make ready for our Creator to come do the blessing, also as explained above I only speak about my people.
(The Matriarch’s of my people).
Elders please bear with me for a moment! In Indian country this is about Native American Pipes. I have been to almost if not all American Native People through-out Indian country and at no time (While visiting Traditional Natives) Would one ever see a show and tell pipe ceremony? NEVER!
1st we should talk about the most famous pipe of all, the Hollywood pipe (peace pipe).
This is the pipe we have seen on Television since the television first came on line. After each and every battle in a movie the white hat would demand this peace pipe!
2nd the Friendship pipe.


Calumet (Pipestone) peace pipes are Plains Indian pipes!




INDIAN CALUMET: The Pipe of Peace
By Christopher Nyerges




 A pipe used mostly in an Eastern Woodland society for welcoming someone to their village, or thanking someone, or just plain being friendly.
Sacred pipe
A pipe used in all Native American Ceremony’s. Not to be discussed in public only because the prayers while using this pipe are between the holder and Grandfather (Creator). The western Native societies (nations) use this very Special pipe and the non-natives
have shortened its use to call it a peace pipe.
Peace pipe, as explained earlier is a pipe used by Hollywood mostly to make the movies look better, usually this made the (Indians) look foolish.
However, the point in my story was that no pipe should be disrespected at anytime anywhere and never to be performed (show and tell) for the public!
Never a charge at any sacred ceremony!

No comments:

Post a Comment