7/18/13

A Native of the Heart?


In the past posting a writer writes, " A Native American is not of the blood, a Native American is of the Heart and Mind".

In my culture a Native American of the Mind & Heart is a Native American in the Mind!

A Native American is a person with Native American Ancestry or in my tribe, is correctly adopted into and by the blood from someone properly qualified to hold this Sacred Ceremony!

In another person's writing, it is stated that no one today knows the ancestors culture and ceremonies because it was not written down. I have traveled around Indian country most of my life and believe that I am qualified to disagree with this person. There are thousands of true traditional Native Americans that have faithfully kept the traditions, culture and ceremonies. Look behind you because we choose to keep our culture from today's corruption. Our culture has always been written down, you just have not learned how to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment