5/10/15

Shawnee Smudging


I have had the honor of visiting a few Shawnee Villages in my past, one in Oheio (Ohio) and one in Pennsylvania come to mind.

 However I am sad to say not in Oklahoma?

I understand that Oklahoma is where this government sent the majorly to 'what is called' a (Reservation).

I have enjoyed a few visits to, what some call

 'A Splinter Group'

 and found the people to be well versed in their culture and very hospitable.

What I did find interesting was the similarity of culture and ceremonies between our tribes.

Remember, my better half has Shawnee Blood.

Welcome Claremore Oklahoma


To what is now our oldest site.

Who is Smudging and why?


Claremore Oklahoma Shawnee

Shawnee is a city in Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma, United States. The population was 29,857 at the 2010 census. The city is part of the Oklahoma City-Shawnee Combined Statistical Area; it is also the county seat of Pottawatomie County and the principal city of the Shawnee Metropolitan Statistical Area

 
We hope that you found what you were looking for?
 
If you need more information please write?
AS ALWAYS
AQUINE
Peace to you
If this did not answer your question, please write?
I like it when you write comments.
I love it when you have question.
Hope that this is of some help to you?
If not just write?
computeremailer_thumb.gif
or
And/or
 Shechaim Ohjieshan Walkingfox
of the
Mohiigan  People

No comments:

Post a Comment