6/17/11

AQUINE.

AQUINE
The first time that this word was posts on a website some years ago, no Native person used it on a website or even when bloggers started, on any blog?
Would this be that this is a misused word or could it be just like everything else written on the internet about my people from 1994 on?
Just cut and paste then call it your words?

Because we are still receiving many inquiries about the meaning of the word Aquine,
 I am putting our answer on my blogs.
My question is, "why the Traditional American Eastern Woodland people are not also answering this question"?
Just like the word (Aquai), this is a Pequot/Mohegan word  used time and time again by my Elders, now Ancestors.
While growing up on my reservation ( Reservation is a European word for Village), Uncasvillage, there  were never more than 13 families teaching our history, now there are more than 1.000 ?
We were taught our language correctly.
Aquine is something like the Algonquin word Aquene,  which means Peace, or I am a friend, I come in peace. When using this word one would have both arms out about heart high with hands palm down to show that you have no weapon.
We have no word for good-by, we use the same word Aquine, while on our way, this time, with the left hand starting from the heart, palm up and straight out, heart high.
The Pequot/Mohegan word Aquai means hello, when meeting someone in passing, a friendly Aquai as you go by.

If you have a question or comment
just click on the comment just below this blog,
Sachem will be pleased to get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment