8/13/15

Indians of Long Island


Welcome Long Island New York
To one of our websites about your area
Native people of New York and New England, more to the point Connecticut and Long Island have traveled to and from, married into, fished, hunted and fellowshipped long before recorded time.

Samson Occum
I modern times, if one can call by family, elders and ancestors modern?

Has many family and friends living on the island, I, starting with my grandfather, father, my family have traveled to gathering in your area and many of the elders from Long Island were members of my grandfathers and fathers monthly committee meetings.

Before our retirement Tahtonka and I have been to a number of gatherings and powwows on the island.

Other postings
Why just New England
Sachems (Shechaim) Travels

No comments:

Post a Comment