6/20/18

Carmel New York- Smudging Spirits!


Welcome to our visitor from Carmel, New York
To one of a few postings about our people and smudging.
Does smudging get rid of good spirits also?
At
Does smudging get rid of good spirits also?
10/25/2011


Does smudging get rid of good spirits?

08/11/2016


Does smudging get rid of good spirits?

10/27/2016


Smudging to me is a talk (Prayer), with Kiehtan (Creator) because after all friends, ‘nothing gets done’ without the blessing from Kiehtan (Creator)!

One of my mentors a regular and an elder of my grandfather meetings was Chief Hatchet a Ramapough Wappinger from Carmel New York, not of the people in New Jersey although we did meet them a few time on the powwow trail.

Up until 1947 our Smudging was done with herbs called Kinnick-kinnick, 
no need of a fire.

My first "Keeper of the Fire" was also with Elder Chief Hatchet as my teacher (1950).
Check out our pages at 

No comments:

Post a Comment